How does change happen?The School of System Change collaborated with foundations, academics, creatives and others to create the Stories of Change, a series of videos and tools for designing and delivering system change practices. In our development process for each story, we engaged a community of partners to transform these stories of change into multimedia videos and facilitated learning experiences. The aim of this project is to create accessible resources to co-learn and help change agents to design more systemic strategies/action. This project supports system change facilitators to introduce systemic frameworks using stories of change in history to a wider audience. The School have currently have developed three videos and their accompanying facilitation packs about a story of change as seen through a systemic framework.
- CASE STUDY 1: MULTI-LEVEL PERSPECTIVE + THE BIRTH OF ROCK’N’ROLL
- CASE STUDY 2: ICEBERG MODEL + THE RISE OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT
- CASE STUDY 3: REGENERATIVE MODEL + THE REGENERATION OF RESILIENT COMMUNITIES IN MEXICO CITY
- Systems do change: four lessons from the civil rights movement in the US.
- Application of futures in the fashion industry: Fashion Futures 2025: case study – exploring how climate change, resource shortages, population growth and other factors will shape the world of 2025 and the future of the fashion industry within it.
- Using live research functionality to drive a futures exploration into how a regenerative energy system could work – Live Research case study – Living Grid in partnership with SmartestEnergy
- A case study on applying futures and systems expertise to understand the future sources of vulnerability for children and adolescents in South Asia and how they might address them – South Asia Futures: case study