With just nine years left to avoid climate’s most devastating impacts, we believe we are at a crossroads. Can we ensure all communities have an opportunity to thrive or do we continue to entrench siloed responses that will build upon the existing public health, economic and racial injustices for communities on the forefront lines of climate change? This special edition of the Futuring Podcast, as part of the American Climate Futures initiative, aims to shine a light on changemakers who are meaningfully accelerating climate justice and radical collaboration across the United States, showing that the urgent and necessary change is possible and already here.
In the final episode of our American Climate Futures miniseries, a special edition of the Futuring Podcast, Ksenia Benifand [Senior Principal Change Designer, Forum for the Future Americas] sits down with Susan Kruse [Executive Director, The Community Climate Collaborative] and Zach Lou [Coalition Manager, California Green New Deal Coalition] to investigate how building intersectional multi-stakeholder coalitions can accelerate just climate solutions.
Tune in to hear them discuss the importance of always showing up in support of others’ work, how regular constant feedback and iteration can strengthen collaborations and the significance of weaving in joy and resilience into movements and partnerships. How do we ensure that we meet people where they are to co-create opportunities and a shared understanding? What can we do to identify and establish the common ground needed to collaboratively take action on climate justice?
Listen to related podcasts and talks
- The Futuring Podcast | Disrupting the current system with community-led, just and equitable climate solutions with Laprisha Daniels and Rev Vernon Walker
- The Futuring Podcast | Decolonizing conservation through radical collaboration and capital with Kim Pate and Noah Oppenheim
- The Futuring Podcast | Differing worldviews, indigenous people and the front lines of climate action with Archana Soreng
- The Futuring Podcast | Climate philanthropy and funding transformative change. How can we ensure capital flows into the right solution spaces?
About American Climate Futures
American Climate Futures is an initiative by Forum for the Future to ensure the needs and voices of those most impacted by climate change in the US are at the forefront of goal-setting, planning, and solutions development — while also challenging, and accelerating the process of addressing, the systemic inequalities that got us here in the first place.
- Explore more at www.forumforthefuture.org/american-climate-futures
- Please contact Ksenia Benifand for more information.